3.05.2010

slowly but surely

For the last few days, our teachers at language school have been intentionally trying to speak in only portugues!  The first few weeks when they did this I remember feeling like I was on another planet and now when this happens, I ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THEM!!!  I'm not sure how but God is slowly making this language come alive in our hearts.  Don't get me wrong.  We have A LONG WAY TO GO, and by long...I mean l.........o........n..........g but it is wonderful to see a little improvement along the way.

I'm also finding myself really enjoying my life here.  This week we had afternoon classes so our mornings have been relatively free.  Mike let me sleep in this morning and he got the kids ready and took them to school all while I snoozed!  This might have something to do with my gleeful spirit today. :)  Anyway, I love waking up in Brazil.  There is just something about waking up with your windows open and life pouring into your room. We have the most refreshing breezes up here in the heavenlies (13th floor) and it takes the edge off of the heat quite nicely.

God has been so good to us over the past month and a half during our time of transition.  We've had struggles but each of them has made us stronger as a family.  We know that He will not give us more than we can handle.  


We received our first care package in the mail yesterday and it was SO GREAT!!!  Many of you have asked about sending stuff to us.  Just contact us on here or via facebook and we'll get you the address and how to go about shipping items.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I would like to send you some things...send me your address to my email jrg301@yahoo.com....is there anything you miss or crave?