5.22.2009

A Hard Day

I have had several people ask me to be MORE specific in prayer requests! I'm gonna get pretty specific with you today!

We arrived back from Denver on top of a mountain. Literally, I guess! ha! Friday was sorta catch-up day from all the craziness of the week. I had heaping LOADS of laundry to do and was evidently much more tired than I knew.

Let me start by saying living with your parents is such a blessing! My mom and dad took my family of five in after we sold our house without even a thought. They have been overly kind to us and even drove 15 hours to Denver with our children to see us be appointed. (The IMB flew us out there.) So, saying all that please don't hear the rest of this and think we're not WHOLE-HEARTEDLY grateful for all they are doing! CAUSE I AM!!!

BUT...I really began feeling depressed as the day and the laundry drug on! I knew I was tying up the washing machine with ALL of our families' laundry when my mom and dad's suitcases were sitting there full of their dirty laundry. Of course they let us do ours first because that is just how they are. (That doesn't mean I didn't begin to lay TONS of false guilt on myself!)

I began to LONG for my home, you know, the one I gave to God a few weeks ago. The one that has MY (I mean God's) washing machine and dryer in it! ;) I began to long for our closets to hang stuff back into. I'll just be completely transparent and tell you I just missed it all! You know that feeling you get when you come home from a trip and you feel like, I'm FINALLY home. You REALLY relax and breathe for the first time in awhile! I LONGED for that!!!

I guess all of the stress and tension led me straight into one of my INFAMOUS migraines that I haven't had in awhile. This one was a REALLY good one! If you get migraines, you know what I'm talking about! If you don't, you are a VERY blessed individual! Anyway, migraine led into vomiting and vomiting led into me sleeping for a couple of hours.

I REALLY do know all of this is an attack by the enemy!!! I ask that all of you that read this would pray for strength for me as we are just beginning this journey. IT IS JUST BEGINNING and we are so excited because we know that we are COMPLETELY in HIS will! Does that mean it will be easy?!? On the contrary! It will be hard...VERY hard. I hate being vulnerable. It isn't a trait that comes natural for me...but I know the power of prayer! I know that so many of you who read this WILL pray!

2 comments:

Susan said...

No foe shall stay her might,
Though she with giants fight,
She will make good her right
To be a pilgrim.

We're praying for you every night.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Rebecca...I feel your pain friend. It will get easier I promise to let go of these things...the good news is you will have your own washer/dryer in your quad! Yippee!!! Of course, you will get tired of living here too as I have but I think it is the Lord's way of not letting us get settled anywhere.

I have migraines too that last for several days at a time. I am praying for you.

I know also how it feels to be slung back into the real world after appointment. I know it was a wonderful week.